[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Note Command Used For DWIM Printing Of Persistent Variable (PR #215650)

Will Hawkins via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 11 18:07:09 PDT 2026


hawkinsw wrote:

> > BTW, I also think DIL expressions should be able to access result variables. They all live in a global namespace and we choose their names such that they don't conflict with valid identifiers in the language. They can be looked up just like local or global variables. So really, the part of `dwim-print` that handles path expression should be able to handle result variables transparently as well.
> 
> Would you be amenable to a PR that consolidates the logic (if that is, in fact, the case)?

If I understand you correctly, 


```console
(lldb) frame variable -- $1
```

does not result in access to the result variable. Inspecting the DIL grammar (and lexer and parser), there does not seem to be any affordance for $1 as an identifier. 

I am sorry if I misunderstood your suggestion!

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/215650


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list