[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb][test] Don't include all SB API headers in TestMultithreaded (PR #215551)

Alex Langford via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 11 10:49:15 PDT 2026


bulbazord wrote:

> Interesting timing for you to look at this ... yesterday ran into an issue because I was adding a `std::variant` (requires C++ 17) private member in one of the SBAPI headers and since `Makefile.rules` hardcodes `-std=c++11` for every C++ test driver under `lldb/test/API`, these generated tests that include every SBAPI headers were failing.
> 
> I wonder if we should bump the C++ version in the Makefile to 17 to align with the rest of llvm or if liblldb needs to work with older C++ compilers.

I think we should try to keep c++11 compatibility if possible. LLVM and LLDB have adopted c++17 for implementation but that doesn't mean our users need to adopt c++17 to use LLDB (IMO).

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/215551


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list