[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Change the Symbol rep for re-export symbols (PR #213356)

Alex Langford via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 10 14:10:37 PDT 2026


bulbazord wrote:

> Thinking about this, I'd like to add a getter and setter for the address range and the re-export info in Symbol, and make all Symbol methods that access these go through those two methods. Those two methods will do a debug-builds assert that the `m_type` is correct for the access being requested. I'd feel a lot more confident about this change, and the long term safety, with that in place. Let me put that together. That will give us the safety of a std::variant without doubly-storing the m_type field and increasing the Symbol object size.

Good idea. What I was worried about was that somebody may have been accessing a field improperly (i.e. asking for the Address and then converting it into a host-address ConstString). Glad to hear ASAN and UBSAN caught nothing.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/213356


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list