[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Pass fortran compiler to lldb test suite. (PR #208298)

David Spickett via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 9 02:53:02 PDT 2026


================
@@ -267,6 +267,24 @@ def parseOptionsAndInitTestdirs():
                     configuration.compiler = candidate
                     break
 
+    if args.fortran_compiler:
+        configuration.fortran_compiler = os.path.abspath(args.fortran_compiler)
+        if not is_exe(configuration.fortran_compiler):
+            configuration.fortran_compiler = which(args.fortran_compiler)
+        if not is_exe(configuration.fortran_compiler):
+            logging.error(
+                '"%s" is not a valid Fortran compiler executable; aborting...',
+                args.fortran_compiler,
+            )
+            sys.exit(-1)
+    else:
+        # If no Fortran compiler was explicitly specified, search for local fallbacks.
+        candidateFortranCompilers = ["flang-new", "flang", "gfortran"]
----------------
DavidSpickett wrote:

I'm a bit suspicious of this. I see that we do it for C/C++ as well but given that that code refers to clang 3.5, I doubt many have hit it. I would prefer that we leave out the fallback and only add it if someone complains.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/208298


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list