[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb][test] Always kill test processes (PR #207181)

Raphael Isemann via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 2 06:40:58 PDT 2026


Teemperor wrote:

> What's your theory on how the flakey test happened then? Do you think one test method in that file created the first process, detached from it, and moved to the next test method before the first process naturally ended? And by now killing that process, we know it'll be gone by the time the next test method runs.

I probably should have expanded on that a bit more. The `test_attach_to_process_by_id_autocontinue` subtest attaches to the test inferior which is just sleeping for a minute. At the end of the test we currently detach and the inferior keeps sleeping. If we reach the `test_attach_to_process_by_name` then we launch the new inferior and the old one might still be around, so we end up finding two with the same name.

I'm a bit surprised we don't see it more often, but I'm not sure how fast/slow the windows CI nodes are.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/207181


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list