[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb][windows] re-enable unicode tests on Windows (PR #190828)

Charles Zablit via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 8 02:48:06 PDT 2026


charles-zablit wrote:

> I have not been following these efforts, so I am curious. Does Unicode support require that a certain terminal is used, or is it purely a feature of Windows itself?

This was the original implementation: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/168603.

Essentially, since we use `WriteConsoleW` to write to the console, we can assume that unicode will be supported on modern version of Windows (10 and 11). This was tested in the main Windows terminals (Terminal App, conhost, and Git bash).

The issue with this assumption is that this does not apply to files and pipes, especially on the build bots. The new check should better detect if we are writing to a file or console device. I say "should" because I can't reproduce the exact buildbot setup at desk.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/190828


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list