[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Make argument to ConstString::AsCString explicit (PR #190183)
Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 2 17:51:55 PDT 2026
https://github.com/JDevlieghere approved this pull request.
I had the same sentiment as Adrian. This improves the situation, but only marginally, and the biggest foot gun still remains. If we're going to cause churn, I generally prefer to go all in and do it right. That said, changing the default is even scarier, and we would have to make sure we don't change the behavior of the SB API.
I think this is fine for now. It's easy to deal with downstream as the replacement is mostly mechanical. However I'm not convinced it's going to change much in the short term. Let me see if I can get Claude to find all the places where we can replace calls to `AsCString` with `GetStringRef` and maybe that way we can work towards eliminating most of its uses.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/190183
More information about the lldb-commits
mailing list