[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Make ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications *return* module specifications (PR #188509)

via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 25 08:31:19 PDT 2026


github-actions[bot] wrote:

<!--PREMERGE ADVISOR COMMENT: Linux-->
# :penguin: Linux x64 Test Results

The build failed before running any tests. Click on a failure below to see the details.

<details>
<summary>tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive.dir/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp.o</summary>

```
FAILED: tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive.dir/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp.o
sccache /opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_ROUND -D_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE=_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE_EXTENSIVE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source -gmlt -fPIC -fno-semantic-interposition -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Werror -Werror=date-time -Werror=unguarded-availability-new -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wc++98-compat-extra-semi -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wcovered-switch-default -Wno-noexcept-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wsuggest-override -Wstring-conversion -Wno-pass-failed -Wmisleading-indentation -Wctad-maybe-unsupported -fdiagnostics-color -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-vla-extension -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++17 -UNDEBUG -fno-exceptions -funwind-tables -fno-rtti -MD -MT tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive.dir/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp.o -MF tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive.dir/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp.o.d -o tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive.dir/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp.o -c /home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp:482:15: error: no matching function for call to 'GetModuleSpecifications'
482 |           if (lldb_private::ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:178:3: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'ModuleSpecList' to 'lldb::DataExtractorSP' (aka 'std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::DataExtractor>') for 4th argument
178 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const FileSpec &file, lldb::offset_t file_offset,
|   ^
179 |                           lldb::offset_t file_size,
180 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP = lldb::DataExtractorSP());
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:183:3: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 4 were provided
183 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const lldb_private::FileSpec &file,
|   ^                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
184 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP &extractor_sp,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
185 |                           lldb::offset_t data_offset,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
186 |                           lldb::offset_t file_offset, lldb::offset_t file_size);
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp:482:15: error: value of type 'ModuleSpecList' is not contextually convertible to 'bool'
482 |           if (lldb_private::ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
483 |                   child, 0, object->file_size, specs)) {
|                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp:498:15: error: no matching function for call to 'GetModuleSpecifications'
498 |           if (lldb_private::ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:178:3: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'ModuleSpecList' to 'lldb::DataExtractorSP' (aka 'std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::DataExtractor>') for 4th argument
178 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const FileSpec &file, lldb::offset_t file_offset,
|   ^
179 |                           lldb::offset_t file_size,
180 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP = lldb::DataExtractorSP());
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:183:3: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 4 were provided
183 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const lldb_private::FileSpec &file,
|   ^                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
184 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP &extractor_sp,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
185 |                           lldb::offset_t data_offset,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
186 |                           lldb::offset_t file_offset, lldb::offset_t file_size);
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/BSD-Archive/ObjectContainerBSDArchive.cpp:498:15: error: value of type 'ModuleSpecList' is not contextually convertible to 'bool'
498 |           if (lldb_private::ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
499 |                   file, object_file_offset, file_size - object_file_offset,
|                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
500 |                   specs)) {
|                   ~~~~~~
4 errors generated.
```
</details>
<details>
<summary>tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOArchive.dir/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp.o</summary>

```
FAILED: tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOArchive.dir/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp.o
sccache /opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_ROUND -D_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE=_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE_EXTENSIVE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source -gmlt -fPIC -fno-semantic-interposition -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Werror -Werror=date-time -Werror=unguarded-availability-new -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wc++98-compat-extra-semi -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wcovered-switch-default -Wno-noexcept-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wsuggest-override -Wstring-conversion -Wno-pass-failed -Wmisleading-indentation -Wctad-maybe-unsupported -fdiagnostics-color -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-vla-extension -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++17 -UNDEBUG -fno-exceptions -funwind-tables -fno-rtti -MD -MT tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOArchive.dir/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp.o -MF tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOArchive.dir/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp.o.d -o tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOArchive.dir/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp.o -c /home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Universal-Mach-O/ObjectContainerUniversalMachO.cpp:209:11: error: no matching function for call to 'GetModuleSpecifications'
209 |           ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:178:3: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'ModuleSpecList' to 'lldb::DataExtractorSP' (aka 'std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::DataExtractor>') for 4th argument
178 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const FileSpec &file, lldb::offset_t file_offset,
|   ^
179 |                           lldb::offset_t file_size,
180 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP = lldb::DataExtractorSP());
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:183:3: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 4 were provided
183 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const lldb_private::FileSpec &file,
|   ^                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
184 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP &extractor_sp,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
185 |                           lldb::offset_t data_offset,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
186 |                           lldb::offset_t file_offset, lldb::offset_t file_size);
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
```
</details>
<details>
<summary>tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOFileset.dir/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp.o</summary>

```
FAILED: tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOFileset.dir/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp.o
sccache /opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_ROUND -D_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE=_LIBCPP_HARDENING_MODE_EXTENSIVE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/llvm/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/../clang/include -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source -I/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/build/tools/lldb/source -gmlt -fPIC -fno-semantic-interposition -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Werror -Werror=date-time -Werror=unguarded-availability-new -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wc++98-compat-extra-semi -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wcovered-switch-default -Wno-noexcept-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wsuggest-override -Wstring-conversion -Wno-pass-failed -Wmisleading-indentation -Wctad-maybe-unsupported -fdiagnostics-color -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-vla-extension -O3 -DNDEBUG -std=c++17 -UNDEBUG -fno-exceptions -funwind-tables -fno-rtti -MD -MT tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOFileset.dir/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp.o -MF tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOFileset.dir/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp.o.d -o tools/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/CMakeFiles/lldbPluginObjectContainerMachOFileset.dir/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp.o -c /home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp:239:13: error: no matching function for call to 'GetModuleSpecifications'
239 |         if (ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:178:3: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'ModuleSpecList' to 'lldb::DataExtractorSP' (aka 'std::shared_ptr<lldb_private::DataExtractor>') for 4th argument
178 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const FileSpec &file, lldb::offset_t file_offset,
|   ^
179 |                           lldb::offset_t file_size,
180 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP = lldb::DataExtractorSP());
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/include/lldb/Symbol/ObjectFile.h:183:3: note: candidate function not viable: requires 5 arguments, but 4 were provided
183 |   GetModuleSpecifications(const lldb_private::FileSpec &file,
|   ^                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
184 |                           lldb::DataExtractorSP &extractor_sp,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
185 |                           lldb::offset_t data_offset,
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
186 |                           lldb::offset_t file_offset, lldb::offset_t file_size);
|                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/gha/actions-runner/_work/llvm-project/llvm-project/lldb/source/Plugins/ObjectContainer/Mach-O-Fileset/ObjectContainerMachOFileset.cpp:239:13: error: value of type 'ModuleSpecList' is not contextually convertible to 'bool'
239 |         if (ObjectFile::GetModuleSpecifications(
|             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
240 |                 file, entry_offset, file_size - entry_offset, specs)) {
|                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 errors generated.
```
</details>

If these failures are unrelated to your changes (for example tests are broken or flaky at HEAD), please open an issue at https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues and add the `infrastructure` label.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/188509


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list