[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb][windows] prevent IOHandlerProcessSTDIOWindows from consuming non text inputs (PR #175812)

via lldb-commits lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 20 09:47:15 PST 2026


https://github.com/Nerixyz commented:

I've been playing a bit around with this (with the event being created and the same program I mentioned above). Starting and breaking works.

However, when typing on the console, we get stuck in `ReadFile`, even though there are characters on the console. Maybe it _does_ need the events we filter? I also experimented with using [`ReadConsoleInputExW`](https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/readconsoleinputex) with `CONSOLE_READ_NOWAIT`. That had the same problem where it would get stuck in `ReadFile`.

Do we have to use overlapped IO here? We'd initiate a `ReadFile`, set the `hEvent` of `OVERLAPPED` to a new event (or even the one we created initially?), and then wait on the read and interrupts.

FWIW, I ran this from the integrated terminal in VS Code.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/175812


More information about the lldb-commits mailing list