[Lldb-commits] [lldb] [lldb] Change how Symbol stores symbol re-export info (PR #172565)
via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 6 13:04:41 PST 2026
jimingham wrote:
> I built LLDB in release mode and loaded the just-built clang. LLDB's memory footprint grew approximately 13.57mb. I don't think clang has a lot of re-exported symbols so I don't think my measurement might accurately capture the impact there. I'll look around for a library that re-exports a lot of symbols for a better idea of the total impact.
If you actually ran the clang binary under lldb and did any work at all in the debugger, you would have loaded all the symbol tables for all the system libraries. That's where the majority of rexported symbols live on Darwin.
I don't think there are any libraries with more than a handful of reexported symbols, they aren't that common. So I would expect the actual data describing reexports to be negligible in any case, and you're pretty much just going to cost the extra pointer per symbol.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/172565
More information about the lldb-commits
mailing list