[Lldb-commits] [PATCH] D88051: [lldb/test] Clean up version checking.
Jordan Rupprecht via Phabricator via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 15:22:28 PDT 2020
rupprecht created this revision.
rupprecht added reviewers: JDevlieghere, arsenm.
Herald added a project: LLDB.
Herald added a subscriber: lldb-commits.
rupprecht requested review of this revision.
Herald added a subscriber: wdng.
A few fixes while trying to figure out why tests are being skipped for arsenm:
- We check `$compiler -v`, but `-v` is `--verbose`, not `--version`. Use the long flag name.
- We check all lines matching `version ...`, but we should exit early for the first version string we see (which should be the main one). I'm not sure if this is the issue, but perhaps this is causing some users to skip some tests if another "version ..." is showing up later.
- Having `\.` in a python string is triggering pylint warnings, because it should be escaped as a regex string, e.g. `r'\.' However, `.` in a character class does not need to be escaped, as it matches only a literal `.` in that context.
rG LLVM Github Monorepo
@@ -1364,15 +1364,13 @@
""" Returns a string that represents the compiler version.
Supports: llvm, clang.
- version = 'unknown'
compiler = self.getCompilerBinary()
- version_output = system([[compiler, "-v"]])
+ version_output = system([[compiler, "--version"]])
for line in version_output.split(os.linesep):
- m = re.search('version ([0-9\.]+)', line)
+ m = re.search('version ([0-9.]+)', line)
- version = m.group(1)
- return version
+ return m.group(1)
+ return 'unknown'
""" Returns the dwarf version generated by clang or '0'. """
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 967 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the lldb-commits