[Lldb-commits] [PATCH] D49018: Convert a location information from PDB to a DWARF expression
Aleksandr Urakov via Phabricator via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 19 02:04:54 PDT 2018
aleksandr.urakov added a comment.
Can you explain me, please, why do you think that we should remove these spaces?
I have the following considerations:
- For eight years (the spaces were commited in 2010) some tests may have relied on these spaces. It's a good case - we can run tests and see it;
- Some formatting may rely on these spaces and it will be broken. It's a worse case - if it wasn't covered with tests, then we will not see it;
- Several people in several places, not only in DWARFExpressions, use such a formatting style. May be it's an approved way of formatting such things?
- Format-only commits make the use of `git blame` more difficult. It's not very horrible, but still adds some inconvenients;
- The only thing I can find to justify such a commit is the beauty. But the beauty is the matter of opinion and what some peoples find beautiful, other find not.
So peoples who commited such spaces found them beautiful (or used the approved formatting style, or used them for some special formatting cases), and I can't find the reason to fix that. Please, correct me if I am missing something?
More information about the lldb-commits