[Lldb-commits] [PATCH] D19604: Allow ObjectFilePECOFF to initialize with ARM binaries.
Stephane Sezer via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 2 16:03:17 PDT 2016
sas added a comment.
- We don't use thumb-* triples in lldb as far as I can see. Thumb is handled just fine regardless of the triple.
- `pc` vs `unknown` doesn't seem to matter either, and other code in this file uses `pc` (see a few lines above).
- `msvc` vs `itanium` is also handled elsewhere, and I don't think there's a need to put it here. Furthermore, most windows binaries will probably follow the `msvc` ABI, not `itanium`, and forcing it to `itanium` without know what we're dealing with sounds wrong.
- I could just use `arm` instead of `armv7` but as far as I know, Windows Phone is a pure thumb environment, so the CPUs used will be armv7 and up.
- I could add support for aarch64 in this file, but I've got no way of testing it at the moment, and it seems likes a bad idea to advertise support for something we can't even test.
Given all of these, it seems like sticking with `armv7-pc-windows` or using `arm-pc-windows` might be the better solutions. Let me know what you guys think.
More information about the lldb-commits