[Lldb-commits] [PATCH] D18912: sleep and retry on failure to delete temp file in tests
Adrian McCarthy via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 8 15:57:00 PDT 2016
amccarth updated this revision to Diff 53100.
amccarth added a comment.
Consolidated the os.remove and os.unlink calls with a function to do the retries. Tested on Windows.
@@ -1049,23 +1049,13 @@
# it silently replaces the destination. Ultimately this means that atomic renames are not
# guaranteed to be possible on Windows, but we need this to work anyway, so just remove the
# destination first if it already exists.
# success! (and we don't want log files) delete log files
for log_file in log_files_for_this_test:
- # We've seen consistent unlink failures on Windows, perhaps because the
- # just-created log file is being scanned by anti-virus. Empirically, this
- # sleep-and-retry approach allows tests to succeed much more reliably.
- # Attempts to figure out exactly what process was still holding a file handle
- # have failed because running instrumentation like Process Monitor seems to
- # slow things down enough that the problem becomes much less consistent.
# Config. methods supported through a plugin interface
@@ -1996,4 +1986,19 @@
def RemoveTempFile(cls, file):
+# On Windows, the first attempt to delete a recently-touched file can fail
+# because of a race with antimalware scanners. This function will detect a
+# failure and retry.
+def remove_file(file, num_retries = 1, sleep_duration = 0.5):
+ while True:
+ return True
+ if num_retries == 0:
+ return False
+ num_retries -= 1
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2340 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the lldb-commits