[libcxx-dev] libcxx Bazel rules

Кирилл Забелин via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 26 01:32:39 PST 2021

Hello, everybody

I have some questions regarding Bazel rules for llvm targets.
In our project we plan to build llvm-project via Bazel. Currently only
rules for clang, llvm, libunwind, lld and mlir are presented in the llvm
tree. But we also plan to build libc and libcxx targets via Bazel, the
rules for these targets aren't in llvm tree yet. As far as I know they
exist only in internal Google monorepo.

*So, my questions:*
* Are there any plans to add Bazel rules for libcxx to the llvm tree under
llvm-projects/utils/bazel/llvm-project-overlay?
* And if they are, then is it an ongoing task or only plans for now? Are
there any thoughts on when such rules could become available?
* Or there aren't such plans? Or they wouldn't be implemented soon and we
better start writing these rules by ourselves?

>From the short discussion in github here -
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/693a95a69416e23a31e46d3d2c81e854688e606e
it seems that there are such plans, for libc. Is it the same for libcxx?

I would really appreciate any help :)

Best regards,
Kirill Zabelin