[libcxx-dev] Linking shared libc++ with static libc++abi

Tobias Hieta via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 16 10:22:08 PDT 2021

Hello,

I have been struggling with building a shared libc++ that is linked to
static version of the unwinder and c++abi on Linux. Is there a magic cmake
invocation I am missing? This is the current runtime configuration I set:
https://gist.github.com/tru/dbb3f39d792e624ddcc7acb872f0688d

This ends up with a static and shared libc++ where the static lib with
`-static-libstdc++` to clang makes the binary link and work. But if I
remove the static flag it won't link missing symbols that should be
available in c++abi:
https://gist.github.com/tru/90732628297cc9c05928eacb4ca9982f

So I am guessing the static libraries won't be linked into the shared
libc++? Is this not a supported configuration? Or am I missing some flag? I
tried to read the cmake - but it gets complicated quickly.

Thanks,
Tobias