[libcxx-dev] Problem installing libcxx and libcxxabi using Bootstrapping on Amazon Linux 2

Hasan Marzooq via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 15 00:20:35 PST 2021

Hello!

Tried creating a symlink, but unfortunately getting the same error.

---
/bin/ld: cannot find -lc++
make: *** [plv8-3.0.0.so] Error 1
----
below is after creating symlinks:
ls -ltrh to "/usr/local/lib/x86_64-unknown-linux" is here:
https://ibb.co/Qbg4KLy

I'm now having a doubt that the configure command am having is not correct:

cmake -G Ninja -S llvm -B build -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang"
-DLLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES="libcxx;libcxxabi;libunwind"
-DLLVM_PARALLEL_LINK_JOBS=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Also, I want to know if "clang" will be installed as part of the above
configuration? (after doing "ninja-build -C build install-runtimes") ?? If
yes, then I'm not able to find where clang is installed. I used locate to
search for clang and it returns clang references within the llvm project. I
tried which clang and it returned empty. Typing clang gives "-bash: clang:
command not found"

I'm kind of lost here. Someone from LLVM dev team provide some
guidance/clues here ?? All logs are present in first post of this thread.

Thanks!