[libcxx-dev] Problem installing libcxx and libcxxabi using Bootstrapping on Amazon Linux 2

Hasan Marzooq via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 14 07:12:06 PST 2021

> Indeed. Unless libc++.so is actually a linker script, though I don't
believe libc++ does that.
Ok. I'll try to symlink the way you mentioned previously and will try again.

Meanwhile, I've tried to build and install
<https://libcxx.llvm.org/BuildingLibcxx.html#bootstrapping-build> along
with " -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;llvm", but still when I type clang
and/or opt in terminal I get "-bash: opt: command not found"

cmake -G Ninja -S llvm -B build -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;llvm"
-DLLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES="libcxx;libcxxabi" -DLLVM_PARALLEL_LINK_JOBS=1
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Is "opt" a dir or library?

Thanks!