[libcxx-dev] OpenMP parallel reduce bugs

Dvorskiy, Mikhail via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 1 06:11:54 PDT 2020

Hi Christopher,

Yes,  “is_partitioned” algo implementation is based on a reduction parallel pattern.
And it looks that a binary operation (combiner)  is not commutative.

In general, “reduction” algorithm requires a commutative binary operation. And OpenMP reduction requires that.
For TBB backend it works because TBB parallel reduction algorithm doesn’t require a commutative binary operation.

We (me or Evgeniy) will check that hypo and inform you.

Best regards,
Mikhail Dvorskiy