[libcxx-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? [Release-testers] [9.0.0?==?utf-8?q? Release] Release Candidate 6 is here

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 17 08:41:17 PDT 2019

Hi,
I've updated OpenMandriva to it, all arches, no problems.

Even RISC-V is starting to work (though still a long way from being able to replace gcc on that arch). Unless someone asks me to, I won't send bug reports for what's still failing there because the code already has lots of comments saying it's broken (e.g. abi is always assumed to be ilp32 even when the target system is lp64d).

One RISC-V thing that's broken without a corresponding comment [at least one that I've found] is C++ linkage -- passing the right flags makes C applications compile (and work) with clang, but clang++ fails:
# clang++ -march=rv64imafdc -mabi=lp64d test.cpp
/usr/bin/ld: error in /tmp/test-24247e.o(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created

ttyl
bero