[libcxx-dev] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Hans Wennborg via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 18 05:19:19 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
to 10.0.0.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR42474 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
blocking that.

To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
blocker bug on https://llvm.org/PR42474, or by cc'ing me on the commit
email. (Please don't request merges over IRC; there's a high risk I'll
miss them.)

Please help with the release by notifying me about any bugs, commits,
or other issues you think might be relevant. If it's not already
tracked as a blocker of the release bug, or I'm not cc'd on an email
about it, I will probably miss it.

When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
right at https://llvm.org

Many thanks,
Hans