[libcxx-dev] [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] An update on the schedule: the release is late

Michał Górny via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 28 08:41:59 PDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 16:38 +0200, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It's the 28th of August, which according to the schedule should be
> when llvm 9 gets released. However, it's not ready yet, which means
> it's now officially late.
>
> There are still one or two outstanding issues. My ambition is to have
> those closed out, and rc3 tagged by the end of the week. If all goes
> well, that could then become the final release perhaps next week. In
> any case, the goal is for the release to happen as soon as possible.
>
> In the meantime, release notes can be added up until the 'final' tag
> is committed. So if you've been thinking about writing something, this
> is a good time. See my previous email
> (http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-August/134699.html) for
> instructions.

While at it, can I get some attention at ConvertUTF license correction /
update [1]?  I understand things are like this since 2011 but if I'm
correct (and I'm pretty sure I am), it is just a matter of correcting
the copyright header, and this is something we could get into 9.0.0 to
resolve license issues for downstream consumers.

[1] https://reviews.llvm.org/D66390

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny