[libcxx-dev] deque, block_size, __add_back_capacity

Jason MacDonald via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 3 09:19:27 PDT 2019

Thank you

From: Marshall Clow [mailto:mclow.lists at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:18 AM
To: Jason MacDonald <jason.macdonald at ditchwitch.com>
Cc: libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Subject: Re: [libcxx-dev] deque, block_size, __add_back_capacity

Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:40 PM Jason MacDonald <jason.macdonald at ditchwitch.com<mailto:jason.macdonald at ditchwitch.com>> wrote:
I recompiled TI’s runtime library with the original block size from trunk and do not have issues.
So my question is, is a block size of 1 unsupported, and therefor the error is in TI’s changes? Or is there an error in _add_back_capacity()?

The former - libc++ does not support a block size of 1.
The code was designed for a minimum block size of 16.

-- Marshall

This email and any files transmitted with it from Charles Machine Works are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.