[libcxx-commits] [PATCH] D71117: Reland "Enable `-funwind-tables` flag when building libunwind"
Sergej Jaskiewicz via Phabricator via libcxx-commits
libcxx-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 8 14:14:53 PST 2019
broadwaylamb added a comment.
@mstorsjo thanks for verifying!
When preparing this patch I've looked through the flags being added and couldn't find those that would benefit from this.
1. Obviously, this won't affect any `-W` flags.
2. Same for `-fstrict-aliasing`.
3. `-EHsc` is MSVC-specific and won't generate any new calls (will it?).
4. `-fno-exceptions` and `-fno-rtti` won't add any new calls either.
5. Same for `-nostdinc++`.
6. `-D` and `-U` are only for the preprocessor.
So, it seems like here we only want `-funwind-tables` to be guarded with this CMake setting.
> but it still might be good for consistency in any case?
Now that you've demonstrated the issues that this flag might uncover, my opinion is we probably only want this flag to be set in places we know for sure it is needed, with a clear explanation why it is needed.
rG LLVM Github Monorepo
CHANGES SINCE LAST ACTION
More information about the libcxx-commits