[Libclc-dev] GFX1010 support

Jan Vesely via Libclc-dev libclc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 13 08:39:01 PDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-07-13 at 16:29 +0100, Filipe Laíns wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-07-06 at 17:44 -0400, Jan Vesely wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it might miss some optimizations, but adding the gfx1010 target to
> > the cmake list of supported GPUs should give you a usable library.
> > You can test this by just creating a symlink named 'gfx1010-amdgcn-
> > mesa-mesa3d.bc' in you current setup.
> > There are probably several gpu targets missing.
> >
> > Jan
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I enabled the gfx1010 target, clinfo passes. I have played around with
> some things, do you have any suggestions to benchmark the GPU? And see
> is the performance level is the expected.
>
> Filipe Laíns

Hi,

I haven't run benchmarks much since there's still functionality
missing.
You can try 'clpeak' to get rough fp32/fp64 throughput numbers.
luxmark-3.1 should also work out of the box, but the 'spehere' scene
gives ~30% incorrect pixels on the HW that I have.
luxmark-4.x needs ocl-1.2, but works if the version is overridden using CLOVER_PLATFORM_VERSION_OVERRIDE, CLOVER_DEVICE_VERSION_OVERRIDE, CLOVER_DEVICE_CLC_VERSION_OVERRIDE.
All three env vars take string, so you need to set it to "1.2".

there are other benchmarks that you can try, like JohnTheRipper or Rodinia. Note that anything that needs image support won't work.

regards,Jan