[Libclc-dev] Question regarding change to configure.py

Jeroen Ketema j.ketema at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 4 14:40:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've a question regarding commit c2bb4658f (configure: Fix build when clang is installed to a non-standard prefix).

I wonder if the change made in this commit is actually correct. My setup is as follows:

* The default compiler on my system is a clang/llvm 3.2 compiler

* I want to build libclc for a clang/llvm 3.3 compiler (which I built from source)

* The clang/llvm 3.3 compiler cannot use the default C++ library on my system (using it results in compile errors due to incompatibilities in the header files)

The change causes prepare-builtins to be built with the same compiler that libclc is being built for (by pointing to the correct llvm-config). However, now prepare-builtins doesn't build any longer, because the clang/llvm 3.3 compiler does not have access to a functioning C++ library. Hence, it seems that prepare-builtins should be built using the same compiler used to build clang/llvm 3.3 and not the clang/llvm 3.3 compiler, or am I mistaken?

Thanks,

 Jeroen