[Libclc-dev] Why cannot compile source code libclc when flag define with "'nvptx--nvidiacl', 'nvptx64--nvidiacl'"

Chatsiri Ratana insiderboy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:11:16 PDT 2012

Hello All,

        I try to compile source code with configure.py for building library
object, but it's represent and error follow as below.

$ ./configure.py
--with-llvm-config=/san01/home/chatsiri/workspacecpp/llvm/Debug+Asserts/bin/llvm-config
&& make
CXX utils/prepare-builtins.o
LINK utils/prepare-builtins
LLVM-AS nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/integer/add_sat.ll.bc
LLVM-CC nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/convert.cl.bc
error: unknown target triple 'nvptx--nvidiacl', please use -triple or -arch
make: *** [nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/convert.cl.bc] Error 1

Configure.py defined parameter by default_targets = ['nvptx--nvidiacl',
'nvptx64--nvidiacl'].  My view, It's parameter specify system architecture
from LLVM that source code built  in version of architecture those(i386,
x64)[1]. Who any idea this error?

[1]
http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/dir_1517c77184e85dcdff2c7917c40616d1.html
--