[flang-dev] Flang driver - next steps

Andrzej Warzynski via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 30 01:20:32 PDT 2021

Hi Damian,

On 29/09/2021 19:19, Damian Rouson wrote:

>  From a user perspective, I think the proposed renaming is great.  I
> think most new users are surprised to find that invoking `flang` leads
> to `gfortran` compiling the code.

Thank you, I also find this very confusing. However, somebody pointed
out in one of our calls that users might expect `flang` the be capable
of generating executables. Hence the delay in renaming (you cannot
generate code with`flang-new`, yet). Personally, I am quite keen to get
there sooner rather than later.