[flang-dev] [llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

Tom Stellard via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 12 13:05:32 PST 2021

On 11/12/21 12:11, James Y Knight via llvm-dev wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 2:45 PM Philip Reames via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org <mailto:cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>> wrote:
>
>>     Is the ID mapping really the only issue keeping us back though?
>     It seems to be a major one.  If nothing else, without it we could migrate a subset of bugs which happen to migrate cleanly, and then come back and handle the ones with issues at a arbitrarily later point.  Or we could simply close creation of *new* bugzilla bugs, and start all new traffic on github without waiting for a migration at all.  The whole reason we're not doing that (seems to be) is that we want to preserve the low bug numbers for 1-to-1 correspondence purposes.
>
> Is there somewhere that has more details about the progress/problems/plans/etc for this migration? (a bug, some other mailing list, discourse-group, whatever...)

Current status is we are waiting until the middle of next week to get a response
from GitHub to some of our questions.  If we don't hear anything by then, we will decide
the best way to proceed.  Anton has done some test migrations and to me they look
pretty good, but he can fill in more details about what the issues have been so far.

-Tom