[flang-dev] [Classic Flang] RFC: Adding release_12x branch to flang-compiler/classic-flang-llvm-project

Bryan Chan via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 14 08:09:20 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have created a candidate release_12x
<https://github.com/Huawei-PTLab/classic-flang-llvm-project/tree/release_12x>
branch in classic-flang-llvm-project. It is a rebase of all commits from
release_11x since 43ff75f2
<https://github.com/flang-compiler/classic-flang-llvm-project/commit/43ff75f2c3feef64f9d73328230d34dac8832a91>,
minus the DebugInfo additions that already exist in upstream LLVM 12. To
build Classic Flang with this branch, we also need some minor changes to
Classic Flang itself (see PR #1010
<https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang/pull/1010>). I have tested the
build on both X86 and AArch64, and made sure all regression tests pass.

Any help from the community to review and test this branch would be greatly
appreciated. Once the final LLVM 12.0.0 is tagged, I will rebase the branch
and pull it into classic-flang-llvm-project, if there is no objection from
the community.

Thanks,
--
Bryan Chan