[flang-dev] flang test questions

Kiran Chandramohan via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 19 23:30:07 PDT 2021

>>Am Di., 13. Juli 2021 um 14:59 Uhr schrieb Damian Rouson via flang-dev
>><flang-dev at lists.llvm.org>:
>>> I'm getting started with writing tests for flang and have a few questions. First, would you recommend contributing tests to the llvm-test-suite repository at  https://github.com/llvm/llvm-test-suite?

> Yes, I think the llvm-test-suite should feature more Fortran tests.
> See the documentation at [1] and [2] as an example for how tests are
> added. For instance, NASA Advanced Supercomputing Parallel Benchmarks
> [3] could be added.

If these are tests for Fortran intrinsics then wouldn't the better place be somewhere in the flang directory? Like in unit-tests or something?

--Kiran

________________________________
<flang-dev at lists.llvm.org>:
> I'm getting started with writing tests for flang and have a few questions. First, would you recommend contributing tests to the llvm-test-suite repository at  https://github.com/llvm/llvm-test-suite?

Yes, I think the llvm-test-suite should feature more Fortran tests.
See the documentation at [1] and [2] as an example for how tests are
added. For instance, NASA Advanced Supercomputing Parallel Benchmarks
[3] could be added.

[1] http://flang.llvm.org/docs/FortranLLVMTestSuite.html
[2] https://reviews.llvm.org/D104150
[3] https://www.nas.nasa.gov/software/npb.html