[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the January 6, 2020 call

Perry-Holby, Alexis via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 6 13:32:20 PST 2021

Flang team,

Here are the notes from the January 6, 2020 Flang Community biweekly call.

We will be switching over to using a Google Doc for keeping record of the notes for future meetings, available here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10T-S2J3GrahpG4Ooif93NSTz2zBW0MQc_RlwHi0-afY/edit?usp=sharing>.  If you have trouble accessing the document, please email me (aperry at lanl.gov<mailto:aperry at lanl.gov>) and I will add your email to the access list.

Also, let me know if you have any topics you would like to see covered in the next call.

Upcoming calls (all times Pacific time):
Call

When

LLVM Flang Technical Community call

Monday, January 11, at 8:30 AM

LLVM Alias Analysis call

Tuesday, January 26, at 10:00 AM

Classic Flang biweekly call

Wednesday, January 13, at 8:00 AM

OpenMP developer call

Thursday, January 7, at 8:00 AM

Flang biweekly call (this call)

Wednesday, January 20, at 8:30 AM

Information for joining these calls and the Flang Slack workspace can be found at http://flang.llvm.org/docs/GettingInvolved.html.

Thank you,
-- Alexis

 Agenda:

  *   LLVM Flang Technical Call agenda

     *   Alias discussion
     *   OpenMP status update?
     *   Ongoing RFC statuses?

  *   LLVM Flang development updates

     *   Fir-dev RFC status

        *   Need to address Mehdi’s concerns about process
        *   Ask for reviewers of MLIR changes in fir-dev and coordinate with that community
        *   General agreement that this should happen, it’s just a question of how
        *   More discussion needed on the RFC thread, both expression of concerns and outlines of fir-dev work that would be included in the merge

     *   Adding Fortran tests to LLVM suite RFC status

        *   Patch submitted for CMake hooks, in review, D93778

  *   Classic Flang development update

     *   Next meeting is next Wednesday
     *   Ongoing work on a set of patches - compiling with LLVM 11 and GCC 10
     *   Interest in adding support for more pragmas/directives

Details:

  *   Flang on GitHub

     *    LLVM Flang is in https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/master/flang.
     *   There have been 2,871 commits for LLVM Flang encompassing just over 175,000 lines of code, documentation, CMakefiles and tests.
     *   There have been 1,722 total commits to Classic Flang in https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang.

  *   LLVM Flang recent development

     *   OpenMP - add semantic check for private, firstprivate, and lastprivate
     *   Fix bugs in .mod file for abstract interface
     *   Detect call to abstract interface
     *   OpenMP - add task_reduction clause
     *   OpenMP - make reduction clause part of OmpClause

  *   Classic Flang recent development

     *   (see Agenda notes)