[flang-dev] RFC: LLVM 11 branch

David Truby via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 9 03:31:04 PDT 2020

Hi Alastair,

The current flang in the debian repos is the old flang found at
https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang, which I think will support
LLVM 11 at some point (although I'm not the right person to ask about
this).

This discussion is about the new LLVM-integrated flang, which will be a
developer only release in LLVM 11 and not really useful to include in
the Debian repositories as it will still be reliant on other fortran
compilers to generate code.

As a result it's probably more useful to include the flang-
compiler/flang project in the next Debian release I think.

Perhaps someone else can comment more on that though?

David