[flang-dev] Code formatting alignment with LLVM

David Truby via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 11 02:20:57 PST 2020

Hi all,

We have been having a discussion on the GitHub issue tracker about code formatting (and specifically clang-format settings) and whether to align closer with the rest of the project, which you can find here: https://github.com/flang-compiler/f18/pull/945. Since the discussion there hasn’t moved much recently I’d like to start a discussion here so we can get input from a wider group of people.

My opinion is that regardless of technical preferences we shouldn’t diverge from the style of the rest of the project as much as we currently do, or at least if we want to do that then we should have a discussion with the wider community about whether that is acceptable to them.

Does anyone else have any input on this?

Thanks
David Truby