[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the December 23, 2020 call

Perry-Holby, Alexis via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 23 09:40:22 PST 2020

Flang team,

Here are the notes from the December 23, 2020 Flang Community biweekly call.

We will be switching over to using a Google Doc for keeping record of the notes for future meetings, available here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10T-S2J3GrahpG4Ooif93NSTz2zBW0MQc_RlwHi0-afY/edit?usp=sharing>.  If you have trouble accessing the document, please email me (aperry at lanl.gov<mailto:aperry at lanl.gov>) and I will add your email to the access list.

Also, let me know if you have any topics you would like to see covered in the next call.

Upcoming calls (all times Pacific time):
Call

When

LLVM Flang Technical Community call

Monday, January 11, at 8:30 AM

LLVM Alias Analysis call

Tuesday, January 5, at 10:00 AM

Classic Flang biweekly call

Wednesday, January 13, at 8:00 AM

OpenMP developer call

Thursday, January 7, at 8:00 AM

Flang biweekly call (this call)

Wednesday, January 6, at 8:30 AM

Information for joining these calls and the Flang Slack workspace can be found at http://flang.llvm.org/docs/GettingInvolved.html.

Thank you,
-- Alexis

Agenda:

  *   Meeting transition and farewell to Gary

     *   Thank you Gary!
     *   New WebEx information - you should have received a calendar invite, contact Alexis if not
     *   Switching over from a biweekly email of the notes to posting on this Google Doc

  *   ECP Flang review

     *   Still awaiting outbrief from the reviewers
     *   General impression - it went well, reviewers were curious about how long the fir-dev RFC will take and the status of OpenMP implementation

  *   LLVM Flang Technical Call agenda

     *   Ongoing RFC statuses?
     *   Alias discussion
     *   OpenMP status update
     *   No meeting next week.

  *   LLVM Flang development updates

     *   Fir-dev RFC status
     *   Adding Fortran tests to LLVM suite RFC status

  *   Classic Flang development update

Details:

  *   Flang on GitHub

     *    LLVM Flang is in https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/master/flang.
     *   There have been 2,865 commits for LLVM Flang encompassing just over 175,000 lines of code, documentation, CMakefiles and tests.
     *   There have been 1,720 total commits to Classic Flang in https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang.

  *   LLVM Flang recent development

     *   Semantic analysis fix for index-names of FORALL statements
     *   Continued work on parser support for ALLOCATE
     *   Build tidying
     *   OpenMP semantic checks: atomic, flush
     *   Continued work on new driver
     *   Fix for list-directed REAL output editing
     *   Bug fixes: USE of USE of generic, crash in folding (#48437), crash in OpenMP semantic check (#48308), IMPLICIT_NONE(EXTERNAL)
     *   Implement STORAGE_SIZE(), SIZEOF(), and C_SIZEOF()
     *   OpenACC: update serial construct clauses for 3.1, enforce restriction on routine directive and clauses
     *   OpenMP: adding important clauses to OmpClause, task_reduction clause

  *   Classic Flang recent development

     *   Working through PRs - lots of debug improvements
     *   Testing on AMD, ARM, and OpenPower leading to bug triage with the various PRs
     *   Starting to get CMake up and running