[flang-dev] FW: F18 upstreaming Finished!

Richard Barton via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 9 11:03:33 PDT 2020

Hi flang-dev

F18 has now moved over to LLVM and is called flang: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-April/140805.html

The new code lives here: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/master/flang under the LLVM project github.

The original F18 repo has been replaced with a "F18 has moved into LLVM" message and will take no further commits. We will shortly be disabling pull requests and new issues too.

For info on setting yourself up to submit patches, submit or participate in code reviews please check out my email from back in March: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/flang-dev/2020-March/000252.html

A few corrections to that mail:
* Bug tracking has moved to LLVM's Bugzilla https://bugs.llvm.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=flang and we’ll not be using the github project as I previously stated.
* You can ignore the build instructions in that email now as we are in tree. Building F18 should now work by passing -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=mlir;flang to a normal LLVM build command, see: https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#getting-the-source-code-and-building-llvm.

For commit access - unless you have had yours set up already (you will have had a separate email from me on that) then please see: https://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#obtaining-commit-access

For fans of project tracking, I have updated our pre-merge project and closed it out: https://github.com/orgs/flang-compiler/projects/8

I have added the issues for llvm_unreachable (lively debate with wider community on that one in last few days!) and doxygen support [1] to our post-merge project here: https://github.com/orgs/flang-compiler/projects/10

Thanks
Rich

[1] Sorry @sameeran joshi - you need to re-submit this as a phabricator commit. Please link back to the existing review in github and we can take it from there.