[flang-dev] Testing infrastructure for F18

David Truby via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 13 03:11:25 PST 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 17:17 +0000, Doerfert, Johannes wrote:
> If a temporary solution turns out to be what we need, that's better
> than
> nothing. I am interested if we could set up the permanent solution
> instead ;)

I think that even if we set up using buildbot it would be temporary, as
our build system will presumably change once we're in the monorepo. I
went with doing it this way instead because for now it seemed like the
easiest way to get testing up and running as soon as possible.

> Without provisioning "own" machines we could only ask the
> LLVM-Foundation to host the buildbots. I was hoping/thinking that
> some
> parties will eventually run their own buildbots though. If running
> machines is the limiting restriction right now, I guess we need to
> first
> build a temporary solution before we build a different one
> afterwards.
Once we're in the monorepo presumably we can use some of the existing
buildbots, or add "unstable" buildbots since we probably don't want
something as fast-moving as f18 being built by the "main" ones. I was
rather saying here that we didn't want to provision our own machines
for a temporary solution just for f18.

I agree with Alexis that getting F18 into the monorepo (as Flang) and
then setting up testing within the existing LLVM infrastructure as our
permanent solution would be the ideal, I'm just proposing this as an
easy stop-gap until we get there.

David Truby