[flang-dev] FC: LLVM based Fortran Frontend

Prashanth N R via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 23 04:13:32 PDT 2019

We are also interested in seeing one very good Fortran front end for LLVM.
The existence of f18 tells us that flang is not a choice on a longer run.
When we first encountered F18, we are overawed.

Open source allows freedom to attempt and learn by attempts. We are a
predominantly back end engineers and FC allowed us to learn the issues
involved in writing a front end.  As version 0.1 of FC is out we are
contemplating what is the next step. We will come out with a plan soon.

thanks,
-Prashanth