[flang-commits] [flang] [llvm] [flang][MIF] Adding lowering for EVENT POST/WAIT statements (PR #210283)

via flang-commits flang-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 02:56:46 PDT 2026


================
@@ -52,7 +52,9 @@
   end type
 
   type, public :: __builtin_event_type
-    integer(kind=int64), private :: __count = -1
+    integer(kind=int64), private :: & ! 64-bytes of opaque zero-initialized data
+       __m1 = 0, __m2 = 0, __m3 = 0, __m4 = 0, &
+       __m5 = 0, __m6 = 0, __m7 = 0, __m8 = 0
----------------
jeanPerier wrote:

> I've confirmed using a debugger that the coarray heap object is never initialized by the compiler.

@JDPailleux, I think we discussed this earlier and I do not remember what was the output, but you would get the initialization working by using the Fortan runtime allocation entry point (or a new one with the cobounds on to of that) and by having the coarray descriptors pointing to a custom allocator (PRIF runtime) as Valentin suggested [here](https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/182110#discussion_r3104305607).

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/210283


More information about the flang-commits mailing list