[flang-commits] [clang] [flang] [flang][Driver] Enable bare -O flag alias for flang (PR #228483)
Kelvin Li via flang-commits
flang-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 7 06:53:40 PDT 2026
kkwli wrote:
> > @tarunprabhu Do you have more comments? I am wondering if I can land it. Thanks.
>
> Sorry, I missed this somehow, and it didn't occur to me on the first review. Could you add a quick entry into the release notes saying that this option is now available in flang and is an alias for -O1.
@tarunprabhu Did you mean `-O`? This option is always available. The issue is exposed when the option is used with `-flto`. Do you still want an entry in the release notes?
I notice that in https://flang.llvm.org/docs/FlangCommandLineReference.html#optimization-level, it does not mention something like `-O` alias to `-O1`. I do not know the source of this document.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/228483
More information about the flang-commits
mailing list