[clangd-dev] Pushed fixes to the release/10.x branch, should we revert?

Sam McCall via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 10 09:17:11 PDT 2020

Hi Tom,

We got some user requests for (clangd) cherrypicks in the next point
release, which nudged us in digging up a list of other bugfixes (mostly
crashers) to backport.

And this is where I messed up: we reviewed the list and then pushed them to
the 10.x branch, forgetting about "Patches applied to the release branch
may only be applied ... with approval from the release manager".
(The excuse: I've mostly been active with major releases, and we had an
understanding with Hans that any clangd-only changes were fine up to RC2 or
so. Point releases are different of course and this is your call, I'd just
forgotten the actual policy)

Anyway, I'm happy to revert any/all of these changes if you don't think
they belong on the branch (or pending a decision). They're all bugfixes and
suitable in principle for a point release, but up to you whether they
belong in this one.
The commits are this range
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/compare/a634a80615b1e012f1a61aa0cd1e2e67ef77d0bd...b6efa2365812f31667485c8948d49621ebf952f2>.
Of these all affect clangd only, except a trivial clang crash fix by
Richard Smith
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/d942a81c71a3f970857e92e98cc6503b61b589b0>
and
a small tweak to a clang-tidy check
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/d942a81c71a3f970857e92e98cc6503b61b589b0>.
(There are a couple of changes to clang/lib/Syntax that are only used in
clangd).

Let me know what you'd prefer (or just go ahead and revert if that's
easiest).
Sorry about the churn.

Sam