[clangd-dev] clangd testcase style

Nathan Ridge via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 31 16:27:26 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have noticed that many of the unit tests in clangd are written in a style where a single testcase from the gtest point of view actually runs a large array of testcases. Some examples are SemanticHighlighting.GetsCorrectTokens and LocateSymbol.All.

I realize this saves a bit of typing when writing the test cases, but I find it impedes debuggability.

My current workflow for debugging an individual test case in a test like this, is to comment out all the other test cases in the array, and then run the test under the debugger, which is pretty laborious I was wondering, does anyone else have a better workflow?

Thanks,
Nate