[clangd-dev] textDocument/didOpen, file tracking, reading files from disk, etc.

Ken Domino via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 25 05:40:09 PST 2019

> In addition to the resource management concerns, I would argue that
> not requiring didOpen is a bug in the protocol and all the clients
> should do this.

Hi Ilya,

I thought this too, and even opened a bug against MS's client. But,
after thinking about this for a while, it is clear what the spec is
trying to say here: "truth", which is obtained by the client with an
open, is a content-wide write lock. If you look at it this way,
something we all know very well, then you can see the range of
possibilities here on what the protocol means and what it could evolve into.

Ken