[clangd-dev] Doubled features in vscode-clangd

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 8 01:55:51 PST 2019

Hi Kacper,

We suggest disabling Microsoft C++ extension when using vscode-clangd. That
obviously means you lose functionality not provided by clangd.
Alternatively, I believe adding
   "C_Cpp.intelliSenseEngine": "Disabled"
to your user settings should disable most of the overlapping subset of
functionality. I have not checked it myself, though.

Let us know if you find a better solution for this.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:51 AM Kacper Sagnowski via clangd-dev <
clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right address for this kind of questions, but
> hopefully you can at least forward this to the appropriate place.
>
> I've been using the Microsoft C/C++ extension in VS Code as the main
> provider of C++ related functionality (debugging, code completion, etc.)
> and only recently started to also use vscode-clangd to add more useful
> features like clang-tidy, code actions and refactorings. Since the two
> extensions have a large overlap in functionality, I now ended up with many
> doubled features, for example I get double hints when hovering over code,
> double results when searching for references and so on, which is quite
> confusing. Is there a way to avoid this doubling by disabling some features
> in clangd or telling vscode to ignore some of the features of clangd? I
> wasn't able to find a solution so far and would be grateful for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Kacper Sagnowski

Regards,
Ilya Biryukov