[clangd-dev] RFC: Semantic highlighting

Nathan Ridge via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 4 09:25:49 PST 2019

>> Just FYI - due to change of plans we decided to postpone this :(
>> The main reason is that we want to have an editor against which
>> we can test the feature first.
>
> FWIW, Eclipse CDT supports semantic highlighting, and it's hooked up in the LSP
> configuration to work with with cquery's $cquery/publishSemanticHighlighting
> message.
>
> It should be straightforward to adapt the implementation to work with a slightly
> different protocol, such as the one proposed for clangd.  [...]

Actually, since writing this, I realized that Theia [1] has had an implementation [2] of the semantic highlighting protocol proposed for LSP.

Does that address your need for an editor against which to test the feature?

Regards,
Nate

[1] https://www.theia-ide.org/
[2] https://github.com/theia-ide/theia/issues/1845