[clangd-dev] additional TextEdits on code completion

Aneesh Kumar K.V via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 7 23:35:55 PDT 2019

Sam McCall <sammccall at google.com> writes:

> Sorry about that :-( +Eric Liu <ioeric at google.com> who may have thoughts.
> I don't think we have an option to disable includes today, maybe we should
> add one...
>
> But we don't expect the inserted includes to create compile errors - *this
> is probably a bug, it'd be great if you could provide more details* (is it
> the right header but spelled wrong, or the wrong header entirely, etc). It
> may be that you'd like this feature if it worked properly.

Sorry for the delay in response. This mostly is due to the location where
the #include line is added. With company-lsp (emacs), it gets added at
the beginning of the file and the dependency across headers results in
build failures. One important thing to note is, I am able to build without any
error even without the new #include line. Hence not sure why we should add the
extra #include when completing function names.

-aneesh