[clangd-dev] Using clangd to retrieve backend optimization remarks

Laurin Brandner via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 17 02:50:32 PDT 2018

Hi,

I’m fairly new to this community so I hope I’m not asking a very trivial question.
Anyways, I’m looking into the possibility of returning optimization remarks like the option -Rpass=loop-vectorize would do. By looking at clangd’s source code I realized that clangd only preprocesses the project but does not really invoke the backend.
Thus, I would like to implement an action that enables the output of optimization remarks. Could I maybe get some guidance on to what I need to do to achieve this? I saw that I most likely need to subclass Action but I’m not quite sure what subclass I should have a closer look at.

Thanks a lot for any kind of help.

Cheers,
Laurin