[clangd-dev] Replacing -lit-test with a test utility?

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 14 08:16:48 PDT 2018

Hi Jan,

I agree that '-input-style=delimited' and '-lit-test' does look like
something that shouldn't be in clangd from the architectural standpoint, as
it's only specific to the test.
In practice, the python wrapper will probably be more complicated than what
we have now and could even make some things harder, e.g. it's very easy to
debug failures now and I could imagine problems with debugging a python
wrapper.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM Jan Korous via clangd-dev <
clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We were discussing https://reviews.llvm.org/D50641 over lunch and an idea
> to replace -lit-test by an utility appeared (shoutout to Dan Liew!).
>
> I don’t particularly like to have specific code path for testing but I see
> the value it provides. How about I implement a small python script or a
> binary that would read JSON strings separated by triple-dash from stdin and
> write proper LSP messages to stdout (with LSP headers prepended)?
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jan

Regards,