[clangd-dev] Investigating performance tracking infrastructure

Eric Liu via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 13 22:35:08 PDT 2018

Hi Alex,

Kirill is working on pulling google benchmark library into llvm and adding
benchmarks to clangd. We are also mostly interested in code completion
latency and index performance at this point. We don't have a very clear
idea on how to create realistic benchmarks yet e.g. what code to use, what
static index corpus to use. I wonder if you have ideas here.

Another option that might be worth considering is adding a tool that runs
clangd code completion on some existing files in the llvm/clang codebase.
It can potentially measure both code completion quality and latency.

-Eric