[clangd-dev] Sending fixits to client with LSP diagnostics

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 2 03:11:40 PDT 2018

Hi Alex,

We discussed it internally inside our team and I think everyone agrees that
would be the right thing to do. We don't work on it currently, though, so
no overlap on our side.
Unfortunately, LSP does not support this, so this would be an extension.

BTW, consider implementing the current scheme for fix-its that uses
textDocument/codeAction and matches on sent diagnostics. It's not ideal, as
it forces clangd to stash fix-its in memory. But it does work well in
practice (we've tested only in VSCode, though).
If you don't need to support applying diagnostics in batches, this approach
might work well for your use-case too.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:19 PM Alex L via clangd-dev <
clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has there been any discussion on sending fixits from the server to client
> as part of the 'publishDiagnostics' LSP response?
> I would like to start working on an extension for this (disabled by
> default), and would like to avoid duplicate work if there are already
> people working on it :)
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Regards,